Thursday, March 3, 2011

#-i-wanna-be-a-film-critics-but-successfully-fails. {THE GREEN HORNET}


It's not easy being green.
I watched this film twice. Yes, twice. First in 3D, and second time in 2D. Let me say this, I hate watching 3D. Well, except maybe for Tron Legacy. Anyway, I walked in with zero expectations, and walked out having laughed all the way through the movie. When I heard that Seth Rogan was going to star in the Green Hornet, I had my uncertainties. He time and again illustrates the similar character, the dud/loser/stoner/nice guy (well, mostly stoner). Jay Chou is passable as Kato (the sidekick). His accent was annoying or a bit hard to interpret but he has humor and likability plus his fighting moves were quite cool. Christoph Waltz plays the mobster mastermind Chudnofsky, a man obsessed with being scary and intimidating, and quickly establishes himself as the evil villain. Amid the violence is dialog that makes you laugh aloud. I mean who doesn't like his performance in Inglourious Basterds. Chilling, yet theatrical & ostentatious. The movie isn't perfect; I didn't feel Cameron Diaz added anything to the movie except being "the hot girl" to enforce a quarrel between two guys. This film accomplishes what it's supposed to – fun and easy, so don’t go expecting a deeper storyline. It doesn't take itself too seriously and despite a few issues, it's an entertaining movie overall and definitely something to look into if you're looking for a pure escapist fun ride. Yes, in case you’re wondering, that is James Franco who got himself blown up in the first 10-minutes of the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment