Tuesday, May 24, 2011

#-i-wanna-be-a-film-critics-but-successfully-fails. {Jack Sparrow needs help from Doraemon because Priest is busy reading the Bible (even during fighting-scene) }

So I’ve been super busy lately – code word: super lazy; so I couldn’t manage to do a movie reviews. Ever since the last review, I’ve watched Doraemon: Nobita Dan Perang Ikan Duyung & Laut (I know… say WHAT?!), Priest & of course Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.



Ang, ang, ang…hehe. Tersangatlah kelakar tengok cite ni. The reason I agree to watch this with my sayangs Shamil and Acap (both avid lover of the cute cuddly creature) watched previous Doraemon’s film few years back and didn’t even invite me!!! (Even though they strongly denying it) Pfft… I don’t want to be left out anymore. And also there’s nothing else to see. So with zero expectation, the movie it’s not that bad. To be quite honest, I have nothing to compare to. And sempat lagi bagi my other sayangs (that couldn’t make it) their own characters. Shamil as Nobita, Acap as Doraemon, Me as Shizuka(is that how you spell it?), Dr Reene as Sinyu (is that how you spell it?? I tak tahu!), Hamiz aka Artis as Giant and lastly Sophia (currently in Ireland) as Puteri Sofia… hahaha. Suke bagi watak kat org. Hehe. Anyway, I have a blast watching it albeit there is some cheesy and corny line. Well, what the hell do you expect?



Priest. I would say it’s a study in clichés. Far worse than expectations which were low to begin with. The action was okay but nothing I haven't seen before or seen done better. It wasn't enough to save this movie. The plot was non-existent and laughably hokey. All the way through the movie we found those annoying "ooo… you will get scared now" moments. Damn, macam mane nak dapat balik my RM 9 ????!!!!!!!!!!!




Okay, now Pirates 4. I’m a massive fan of the Pirates of the Caribbeans franchise. Jack Sparrow is back for his new adventure along with his out-of-control persona and with new cast member in hand like Cruz, McShane and loads other. And also returns, the memorable performance of previous Pirates flick – Rush as Captain Barbossa. So of course, I’m like super giggly and excited to see this movie. But then, truth be told, I am a wee bit disappointed. I like the first three so much better. So so much. On Stranger Tides is not bad or good. I feel it have perhaps had too many moments of exposition and clichés. I also felt the romantic subplot(s) felt involuntary, and while there are some droll, bizarre and witty quips mainly with Depp, Rush and Cruz there is a bit of filler that could have been crossed out. But one thing I absolutely love is the scenes with the mermaids. The scenes are beautifully shot and intriguing. I just wished there’s more of it. And the chemistry between Depp and Rush is excellent. And also I just found out that there is a scene after the end credit. Angelica is sitting on the island (where Jack left her) and found Jack’s voodoo doll. What kind of shenanigans would she do with the doll? Hehe. Just have to wait for Pirates 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment